You’re a job seeker or a small business owner. You know you need an optimized online presence, but it’s too important to go it alone. Today, I am launching a new product – a social resume or “YourName.com.”
When we are finished, you will have a website with a custom URL and an online “home” to let employers or customers know what you offer. Having a website helps you control what Google knows about you.
Microsoft found, “79 percent of United States hiring managers and job recruiters surveyed reviewed online information about job applicants. Additionally, 70 percent of United States hiring managers in the study said they have rejected candidates based on what they found.” When you have your own site, you seize some control over what people find when they google your name.
Let me help put YOU in the driver’s seat to steer your reputation from a position of strength!
YOUR SITE WILL:
- Link you to a community of colleagues, experts and potential mentors.
- Provide opportunities to expand your network, instigate two-way communication and meet new people from around the world.
- Help you further define your message and potentially become known as a subject matter expert.
- Serve as a 3-D portfolio of your work.
- Influence how Google and other search engines index your name, and therefore what people find when they search for you.
steering wheel photo by NateBW