LinkedIn’s blog recently reported on new guidelines to achieve a complete profile. In the past, LinkedIn required you to have recommendations for a complete profile, but it seems they’ve decided to stop requiring recommendations. (It doesn’t make them unimportant, just not required.)
Here are LinkedIn’s tips to make sure your profile is complete.
1) Add a profile photo. (You are seven times more likely to have someone click through to view your profile when it comes up in search results.)
2) List all the jobs or positions you’ve held, along with descriptions of your roles
3) Have 5 or more skills on your profile
4) Write a summary about yourself
5) Fill out your industry and postal code.
6) Add where you went to school.
7) Have 50 or more connections.
LinkedIn invites you to check out their new ‘Improve your Profile’ tool, where they will walk you through some simple steps to help you stand out.
photo by Shekhar_Sahu