Do you consider your job search a marketing effort? Ultimately, you mustÂ market (or sell) yourself.Â Social networking tools provide great resources to allow you to marketÂ on your skills and accomplishments as your “product.” As more people join what’s known as theÂ â€œgigâ€ economy, in which jobs resemble a series of short-term stints instead of dedicated work to one organization,Â it will become even more important to learn how to market yourself.
Some waysÂ social networking may help you land a job:
- Your social media streams can demonstrate your good judgement. Focus on professional photos and content.
- Demonstrate your expertise. People who wouldn’t otherwise know you can learn about what you know.
- Grow your network and meet new people.
- Learn new information.
- TellÂ your story so no one can steal your thunder.
- Use social media to sharpenÂ your message.
Get my free white paper:Â 5 Mistakes Preventing You From Landing a Job This WeekÂ
Read the whole post on Vault.com.