I highly recommend using social networking tools to help propel your job search. My favorites are LinkedIn and Twitter, but Facebook has a lot applications to help job seekers. Just remember that the BEST use of Facebook (in my opinion) is to make networking connections that will help inform your search. I don’t advise spending too much time looking for and applying to jobs online.
There are many Facebook applications that are targeted to job seekers…
I’m happy to share this list, as posted on AskBink:Ã‚Â
- Jobster Career NetworkÃ‚Â – Join the Talent Networks of your favorite companies, and get personalized job alerts based on your career interests. Plus, get career advice from your friends; post your resume online, search for jobs, and more!
- OfficeBookÃ‚Â – What would you tell a friend about your office if he or she was interested in working there? Love your company? Hate it? Say It!
- Indeed – Job SearchÃ‚Â – Find jobs where your friends work. Search millions of jobs from thousands of job sites and company career pages. Receive job proposals and resumes from your profile page.
- TestimonialsÃ‚Â – Use Testimonials to gather your personal, professional and academic references in one place from your teachers, friends, and co-workers.
- Professional ProfileÃ‚Â – Create a professional profile on Facebook. With one-click,upload your resume in or import your LinkedIn profile and recommendations. Get recommendations from friends. See resumes in your network.
- Career Builder – Find a Better JobÃ‚Â – Users who add the applications will receivecontinuously updated job and internship listings. Based on information like major in school, hometown and network, users will receive the most relevant jobs from CareerBuilder’s database in their profile. You can apply to jobs directly or access a link to search for more job on the CareerBuilder.com Web site.
- MonsterTrack Job Search AgentÃ‚Â – Want to get jobs delivered right to your profile? Download MonsterTRAK’s Job Search Agent application today! Your own personal Agent will pimp your profile with only the jobs you want to see.
- Work With Us by JobviteÃ‚Â – The Work With Us application displays jobs on profile or fan pages. Anyone can browse interesting opportunities at companies where friends work, apply to the jobs and send Jobvites to their own friends and contacts.
- MeetingWaveÃ‚Â – MeetingWave is a business or social networking tool that helps you connect offline with people you would like to meet – whether traveling or near home. You can set up meetings with friends only or with a mix of friends and “new” people.
- Inside JobÃ‚Â – InSide Job connects you to helpful people at places you want to work next byÃ‚Â giving you access to where people have interviewed, worked, or are currently employed. Find the right person you are looking for. Post jobs. Get the inside scoop.
- Workin It by Simply HiredÃ‚Â – Give gold stars to your friends to thank them—think of it asÃ‚Â professional props for the people in your network. A good excuse to thank your friends…and a great excuse to get to know everyone else in your network a little bit better. You will thank YOURSELF when you need that “friend of a friend” to help you find your dream job or give you an internal referral at their company, since 80% of jobs are found through friends.
- SeekÃ‚Â Job SearchÃ‚Â – SEEK & you shall find. The SEEK Job Search application lets you personalize relevant job search results in your Facebook Profile. Get the freshest jobs delivered every time you log in. Send it to your friends so they stay informed too.
- Konoker JobsÃ‚Â – KONOKER Jobs is a job advertisement and job search tool allowing individuals to advertise regular and freelance jobs for free, as well as apply for postings from within the application. KONOKER speaks English and Danish and follow the users’ settings
- JobsÃ‚Â – Search thousands of open jobs, directly from employers. Find jobs where your friends work. See what jobs your friends are interested in. Find a job by updating your profile with your work status and dream job.
- BraveNewTalentÃ‚Â – BraveNewTalent.com is a new social networking site that allows you to connect to employers online. It allows you to take control of your career, engage directly with employers that interest you, and be part of their onlineÃ‚Â community.
- InCircle ConnectionsÃ‚Â – Receive exclusive job opportunities. Connect with other members. Join inCircle today to get connected and get ahead.
- My LinkedIn ProfileÃ‚Â – Promote your LinkedIn account with a badge on your Facebook profile.
- LinkedIn ContactsÃ‚Â – LinkedIn Contacts allows you to view and share your LinkedInÃ‚Â Contacts.
- Business CardsÃ‚Â – Business Cards will help you network better on Facebook.Ã‚Â Personalize your card and attach it to your Facebook messages! View postings and network with others!
- Easy CVÃ‚Â – Easy CV is an add-on to the famous on-line resume service easy-cv.com. It adds a short view of your CV on your profile and a dedicated page. Resume is available in PDF, MS Word or video. Take benefits of your network to get jobs opportunities!
- Ã‚Â CollegeRecruiter.comÃ‚Â – CollegeRecruiter.com features 250,000 active job posting adsÃ‚Â
Ã‚Â from all industries.
For help with all things job search – contact me!